We can help you setup and maintain your non-profit organization’s tax-exempt status by handling all the IRS reporting for you.
Each year the IRS requires most tax-exempt organizations to submit the Form 990 and its relations, which includes the following items.
- Income Statement with very specific revenue and expense categories like donations, salaries, postage, rent.
- Balance Sheet with specific categories like cash, accounts receivable, accounts payable…
- Functional Expense Statement with all the expenses allocated to either program services, fundraising, or operations.
- Individual Program Expense Statement that reports all of the expenses for each program or service like seminar programs or educational mailings.
- Revenue Support Schedules that detail the organization’s sources of income in specific categories like charitable donations, membership fees, investment income.
The IRS uses these very specific revenue and expense classifications to determine if your organization will retain its tax-exempt status. So it’s imperative that you build your accounting system around these revenue and expense classifications.
Here’s what we do for you…
- Review and compile your financial statements.
- Design, install, and maintain your Accounting System.
- Weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly payroll preparation.
- Payroll Tax Preparation and Deposits.
- Provide training for your accounting personnel.
- Complete and file your non-profit status application.
- Provide training for your board on non-profit financial statement usage and effective budgeting practices.
- Prepare and file the 990 and 990T tax forms.
- We are happy to prepare any of these items if you need help.
Let us help you with your non-profit tax-exempt status by requesting a Free Initial Consultation below.